We have many many blessings to be grateful for today. Here's just my Thursday Thirteen:
- We were blessed that both of us were home when Sim fell. If DH had been out of town, he'd have missed the entire ordeal. And this being my first major mommy-crisis, it was a MAJOR blessing that he was here when it happened.
- We were blessed that he hit his head where he did - it was a little deep and wide, but not too jagged, which would have made it worse.
- We were blessed that between the two of us, we were able to be calm and cool-headed even though it scared us more than anything!
- We were blessed to get him seen by someone who recommended Primary Children's.
- We were blessed that I'd already filled up the gas tank so we didn't have to make another stop on the way to the hospital.
- We were blessed with a parking spot right next to the entrance.
- We were blessed with VERY nice nurses and doctors who didn't treat us condescendingly and were very understanding of our children.
- We were blessed to not have come during the busiest time so we didn't have to wait forever to see someone.
- We were blessed with a TV in the room to distract E and S and that E allowed herself to be distracted so she was not a problem.
- We were blessed with DH's understanding boss who will never be upset with DH for taking care of his family, with a neighbor willing to inform the cub scouts, and with an Enrichment leader and friend who understood me canceling my meeting and practice.
- We were blessed with modern medicine that allowed Sim to feel a minimal amount of pain during stitches and with an element in it that will help him forget the procedure, and a talented surgeon that did a beautiful job.
- We were blessed that the Simster recovered from the anesthesia and the procedure very well and is already almost back to his normal, rambunctious self.
- We ARE blessed to have healthy children. I told DH that it was hard enough watching S cry while they put in the IV and did the stitches and he looked at me so pleadingly. There are an amazing number of parents whose children are in the hospital most of their young lives. I can't imagine what that would be like. We were and ARE so blessed!
It's hard to put into words the experience of today, but I know many have experienced it before me and all I can think about is how grateful I am that he's okay and that we were able to take care of him!