E: Do you want to be like Jesus?And the whole thing starts over again. You can tell five things from this conversation:
E: Then you have to be nice. Let's go find Jesus... and Gilmore Girls.
S: Yeah. Lead me, guide me, walk me find the way.
E: Now we have to find the star and Jesus. Then we can be nice.
E: But oh my phone is ringing like Mommy's. I have to talk to Jesus on the phone. (picks up phone) Hello, Jesus? Do you love me?
S: The phone, the phone is ringing... What's gonna work? Team-work!
E: Wait, I need to say a prayer. Or a testimony.
S: No, I say it. NO!
E: Okay, you say it.
S: I testimonies..
E: NO! You have to say: I like my testimony...I church is true.
S: NO! (smack! on his sister's head)
E: S! That is NOT nice! (smack! on his head) Okay, do you want to be like Jesus?
S: (whimpers) Yeah.
- We have had several FHE lessons on compassion and being nice.
- They are kind of working (as noted by the references to "Jesus" and "nice"), and kind of not (as noted by the "smack!").
- The Wonder Pets songs are annoyingly catchy (the kids have only watched the show like four times).
- Sometimes my three-year-old listens at church. And in FHE. And in general.
- At my house, even conversations about Jesus will contain fighting.
And with that, I leave you. See if all my kids are alive tomorrow.