1. Let others know who tagged you.
2. Players start with 8 random facts about themselves.
3. Those who are tagged should post these rules and their 8 random facts.
4. Players should tag 8 other people and notify them they have been tagged.
- I have crazy dreams. And I tend to remember them. All the time. If I wake up some morning and don't remember what I dreamed the night before, I think I must be sick. My mom told me I take after my grandpa (her dad) on this.
- My favorite number is 23. It is my birthday number. I have always loved the number 23. Ask my family. I'm not sure how it started (but I know it wasn't because it was Michael Jordan's number, that's just a plus).
- I am a night owl and I always have been. I find it easier to get stuff done if I stay up than if I try to get up early. Darn snooze button! Plus I like the quiet time after the kids are asleep. Plus my DH is a major night owl. :)
- I try to speak mostly German at home. Most know this. I was an exchange student in Germany and then got a degree in German Teaching, and I love so many aspects of the language, culture and people. So I speak German with my kids and they are doing decently, although I get lazy when others are around who don't speak German. Right now the Simster responds in English to pretty much anything I say, even though he understands the German. I've got to find them a German playgroup or something!
- I am a programmer. I use Revolution and create programs. But I don't think I'm a nerd; I just like to make stuff that can help people do things easier. I actually took a programming class (HyperCard at the time) just to get a raise, not because I was originally interested. I love it now, though.
- My favorite foods: soda, salty snacks, and fruit. Pretty much in that order. Good thing I have one healthy thing on the list, huh? I get to blame my dad for the soda and the salty stuff. I try to emphasize moderation but it can be a losing battle.
- I love books but try not to read them. When I start a book, I don't usually put it down until I finish it. This creates problems (kids, work, housework, etc) so I have been trying not to read much. But I miss it, so I probably should try to find a happy medium.
- My budding hobby is cooking. It's one of my favorite things about being a mom. Well, that and vacuuming, I like that too. I have discovered how fun it is to try new recipes and to put my own spin on them. Two I'm really proud of: Kung Pao Chicken and Strawberry Cheesecake.
So there you have it! Me in a nutshell :) Now I'm tagging: my sister, of course, Litnak Family, Jen at my little corner of the world, Sonja, Ben and/or Alison, and Cheryl. Have fun!