Yep. Welcome to the House of the Sick. The Bubbs had a mild fever for a day or two last week, but no other symptoms. She was pretty much fine by Friday night and a happy family went back to normal activities. Then Monday afternoon, the Simster had a fever. By Monday night, PJ had a fever too. And we've been sick ever since. I haven't given in and taken them to the doctor because, let's face it, it's 99% likely it's a virus and they won't do anything but tell me to give them Tylenol anyway. So I don't feel like packing up the troops, driving across town, and waiting and paying my co-pay just to have the doc tell me to go home and give them Tylenol & Motrin. Anyone else with me on this? (If we're still miserable Monday, I might call the doctor then...)
Good things about a sick house?
- Lots of cuddly, movie-watching, sleeping kids. PJ has spent most of her days sleeping away which is nice. The Simster sits still for more than 5 minutes and lets me coddle him.
- Little pressure to make dinners and clean the house. The kids need me, and they don't care what's going on around them.
- Less fighting, more compassion. The Simster is too sick to fight, and the Bubbs wants to take care of him and help him feel better. I even caught her stroking his forehead and saying, "It's okay you have a fever, Sim. It's okay. It's okay." Nice to see the sweet sibling side!
- Some home time. Besides a run to drop off one of my YW at a stake meeting, we've pretty much stayed home. It's kind of nice to have an excuse to stick close to home. I'm a home person anyway.
- My babies are sad and moaning. And they don't understand why mommy can't fix it. :(
- Cleaning up messy sheets and clothes. I don't think you need any more details on that one.
- Nothing is getting done besides catering to my babies. And my in-laws are scheduled to come for a visit in the next few days!
- Potty-training is on hold. He actually went two days in a row with not one accident and I thought we were home free. Now he's sick and can't concentrate so he's back in diapers for the time-being. Poop. (hee hee)
- I miss going to our pool! We've been going at least three times a week, but we haven't gone at all this week, and I'm going through withdrawals. It's like 140 degrees. Okay, maybe only 100. But hot. At least I have air-conditioning.
- The worst thing? Last night I started to feel a scratch in my throat. Now I'm a little warm and achy. I hate it when I get what they have!