Update

I'm going to the Storehouse. And I'm not happy about it. I appreciate all the support and advice, but when it comes down to it, our ward only has this assignment three times a year, and other people will suffer if we don't fulfill it, and I'm the only one who's willing to make it happen. The end. I'll try and post something uplifting soon. :)

**UPDATE to the Update (Aug 23)**
I went; thanks to my awesome Laurel advisor and Sim's preschool teacher for watching the kiddos. I took my one Young Woman and we went. And it wasn't too bad - I enjoyed the one-on-one time with my young woman and we were able to perform service. The poor girl dropped a jar of spaghetti sauce and it broke and spilled on her brand-new shoes :( but she was a trooper. And my kids were good overall while I was gone. I think the blessings are definitely there from going - I just hope I didn't set a precedent of doing whatever everyone else doesn't do... Anyway, thanks again for the support and encouragement!

Comments

Bummer. Like I said..the kids are welcome here. Also...I am certain your ward would not be the first one to not have sufficient people....if you can't, you can't. Life goes on. But, good for you for sacrificing. No sacrifice is left without blessings. Love ya.
Sonja said…
You will be blessed for going.(and who doesn't need a blessing)?

I wish you would have been here to hear Julie de Azevedo speak. She told us "it's okay to say no and you don't even have to give them an excuse". Love that women! But thank goodness for women like you that are willing to serve.....