Before the Big News...

Yes, baby is here! She's actually already 10 days old...

BUT - before I get to the good stuff, let me just tell you all the craziness that happened in the few days before her arrival...

SUNDAY (Feb 28th)
*DH's birthday. He celebrated by having a church meeting at 7am, church from 8:30-11:30am, then taking the kids home to feed them lunch while I went to a meeting until almost 1pm. Then he changed clothes and went to help a new family move in. We had my sister and her kids over for dinner to celebrate both his birthday and her birthday (Feb 26). I made steak and homemade mashed potatoes, green salad, jello salad, and cookie cakes for dessert. Poor DH - he was still helping with the move when we were planning to eat! But of course we waited for the birthday boy. We had presents and enjoyed listening to the cousins playing happily together.


MONDAY (March 1)
*YW Presidency Meeting
*DH officially is off of work for "paternity" leave from March 1-28, so we decided to do something fun before baby comes. I wanted to get him a new skateboard for his bday, but he's kind of picky about these things, so Monday we packed up the kids in the rain and headed to the mall/skatepark to let him buy himself a new skateboard and skate for a while before going to my final doctor's appointment. Well... needless to say, the new skateboard was not quite how he wanted it and after about 20 minutes of skateboarding, he took a huge tumble and TWISTED HIS ANKLE! Yikes! We thought it might be broken, but he managed to hobble to the car, I drove us to the hospital, and while I had my last nice prenatal visit, my dear hubby was in the ER getting his ankle x-rayed! Luckily it wasn't broken, but it was a nasty sprain and he came out on crutches... Not exactly my idea of a good time three days before I have a baby!


TUESDAY (March 2)
*Instead of getting a jumpstart on some house things before baby, DH spends the day nursing his poor ankle and I spend the day trying to get some things done and take care of him and get in some resting myself, since I know we'll be having a baby any time!

WEDNESDAY (March 3)
*Watched my cute nephew at our house while my sis went to the temple :) She was going to watch my kids while I was in the hospital so I definitely had the better end of the deal!
*Packed clothes/pillows/etc for my kids so they could stay a few nights at their favorite aunt's house (had some contractions too, but nothing crazy, so I wasn't too worried...)
*Drove down to be at her house when my nephew C got home from school and when my neice K and her friend S got home after choir practice
*After my sister got back, I left the kids, made a not-so-quick stop to pick up some flowers, then drove to the theater to meet the YW for our YW activity. We got to see the final dress rehearsal of Brigadoon - two of our awesome YW and our bishop and his wife and older daughter are all in the play and the director let them invite our YW to see the dress rehearsal free of charge. I was praying not to have the baby Wednesday because I so badly wanted to see it! I love going to plays and I love it even more when I get to support people I know!
*Play ends and I drive a few YW home, then get home myself around 11pm
*Finish packing my stuff and DH's stuff for our day at the hospital (he's still icing his ankle...)
*Finally in bed around 1am (setting the alarm to get up at 5am so we can be at the hospital for our 6am induction!)

After those few days, I was starting to think the whole labor and having a newborn would actually be a nice break! :)

Comments

I love the recap...silly pictures of me, but I love the recap. Where are the baby picts, though? She is already 10 days old and I haven't seen her again! What kind of a favorite aunt am I anyway!?! We HAVE to come up during Spring Break!
Jen said…
You really are some kind of super woman. In my last days of pregnancy I am rarely doing more than warming the couch.

What a week you had. But I am glad it all led you to your beautiful baby!