Visit from Elder Walker


I don't have much any time, but I wanted to document this so I don't forget. Yesterday, in the middle of all the hassle of getting moved (one step closer yesterday - the windows can be replaced!) my hubby calls me from the airport to say he invited his old mission companion, who's in town for a few days, to dinner! Yikes! At first, I wanted to wring his neck! I am dressed in packing clothes (sweatshirt & jeans), the house is chaotic at best, the kids are bouncing off the walls, and I HAVE NO TIME! But instead I said "what the heck" and we had a dinner guest.

Elder Walker is great and fun to be around. He lives in Phoenix, so we rarely see him. He was good to DH on the mission and they have stayed in touch. He is always so gracious and flatters me (He always tells DH how great I am and how lucky DH is to have me...). My kids loved him (especially E; she took his hand to walk with him - where's the camera when you need it!!) and it was a nice visit. They got to reminisce about the good ole days in Atlanta and got to discuss current lives and plans for the future. He had to fly back last night, so we only ended up spending 1.5 hours with him, and I'm really glad we took the time. It was a couple of hours I could have spent packing, but it was definitely more important to get a chance to see him. Now we just have to get him married! (and move him out to Texas...) Visiting with him made me want to make sure I visited a couple of close friends here before we move - I think it will be worth it as long as I don't overdo it. :)

PS - Pic is of Elder Walker on E's blessing day. I am hopeless because I didn't take pictures last night. My brain is only half there. Really.

Comments

That is one of the sweetest pictures I have ever seen! I love it. And, really...do you have any reason to have lost half your brain? 1/4 to the newborn and 1/4 to moving and 1/4 to daily life and 1/4 to your callings...oops that adds up to your whole brain! :) Good thing you didn't lose the whole thing! :)
That is one of the sweetest pictures I have ever seen! I love it. And, really...do you have any reason to have lost half your brain? 1/4 to the newborn and 1/4 to moving and 1/4 to daily life and 1/4 to your callings...oops that adds up to your whole brain! :) Good thing you didn't lose the whole thing! :)