Can you believe how much she's grown? I sure can't! Craziness! For the last year, I have been lamenting the fact that E missed the school deadline and had to wait another whole year before starting school. Now that it's here and some of her friends are in Kindergarten, I'm feeling blessed to have her home longer. She really is such a blessing in our family! As most of you know, DH and I were convinced child #1 was going to be a boy. We had a name picked out and everything. When we found out E was a girl, I was a little disappointed. Of course, now I know that Heavenly Father knows what I need WAY before I do, and He knew I needed the Bubbs to be the one to help me understand what it means to be a mom. To discover a love that is as close to God's love as I think I will ever get. I'm so grateful for my first baby bear!! (see the book You're All My Favorites if that comment about bears made no sense)
What did we do today? Well, after working and doing lots of prep for the big day, I finally went to bed around 2am. I woke up early to get ready for this...
(Preschool at our house - actually nine kids + PJ wasn't too bad today! Lots of fun! They're doing the Dino Dance in the pic)
Then after preK, I put together these in my new efforts to become more organized with the Mt. Everest of toys we own...
Then inspired by my friend Rachel and this lovely tutorial, I spent *ahem* a little bit of time making the Bubbs a Belle cake. By request. And I'm pretty darn proud of it, even if I had to improvise a little and she also ended up with a little bit of a ghetto booty... Still, not too shabby, what do you think?
We talked to the grandparents, opened a bunch of presents (yep, definitely spoiled) and had cake and ice cream.
Her favorite presents? The Belle dress-up (of course), the Belle barbie in the cake, a new doll from Grandma and Grandpa, and her roller blades. Oh, and the Barbie German movie. And the guitar. And... well, I think she was satisfied :)
Five Great Things About the Bubbs:
- She is so happy to be five! There are a lot of things she's been telling me she'll do when she's five - be better at sharing her toys, eat salad, clean up when she's asked... Well, if today is any indication, she's being true to her word! :)
- She can spend hours on end drawing pictures, coloring pictures, writing words on pictures, writing her own songs, making pictures for others... She is such a little artist!
- She loves to learn - read books, count and add numbers, she's starting to learn letters and sounds in German too and she soaks it up. Like mother, like daughter, I guess. I have always loved book learning.
- She is a wonderful big sister - sure, she and the Simster have their moments, but overall, she is caring and helpful. She can't wait to share a room with PJ (which will probably happen in the next few months) and they already giggle together about nothing.
- She is so full of life! She's always singing and dancing and jumping and running and laughing and is very animated when she plays with her siblings. It's so fun to have her around!