Love, Mom

Dear Bubbs,

I know your life is hard. Especially when your brother pushes your buttons and you don't get EXACTLY the same amount of time on the computer as he does. And yes, I remember that time I took the other kids to lunch and didn't bring you home chocolate milk. I will make it up to you. Thanks for being my rock, and it's so nice to know that you never have to "pull your color" at school because you try to do what's right. What a wonderful first baby bear! And don't worry, when I was your age, I too was embarrassed when my mom and dad kissed. Come to think of it, I still am... :)

Love, Mom
______________________

Dear Simster,

I so enjoyed listening to you read your story out of "Frog and Toad" this morning. I probably don't tell you this enough but you can be every bit as smart as your older sister and I am sorry if you fall in her smartness shadow sometimes. There are things you do well that she doesn't. And honey, not everything is a competition. Just don't ask your uncle J about that; he may tell you differently... :)

Love, Mom
_________________________

Dear Buns,

Confession: sometimes I put your favorite baby in the movie room on purpose, and then make sure you know where she is. Then I get to ask "Where is your baby?" and listen to you say, "She's in the oodie room, mom." It really never gets old. It is just so darn cute! And you are so imaginative, like yesterday when you grabbed that Albertsons bag and turned it into your Dora backpack. :)

Love, Mom
_________________________

Dear Buggs,

Yesterday you took 15 steps from the coffee table to the couch. And if I'm being honest, some of me wanted to push you down like your brother did and say, "Just stop growing up!" (He really did cry about you not crawling anymore. And pushed you down. Because I think he's afraid of everything you can get into now. In his defense, he did say sorry and give you a huge bear hug and kiss.) I can't believe you will be one next week! But even though you sucking your thumb is super cute, I wouldn't mind if you decided to give it up anytime now... all on your own... :)

Love, Mom

Comments

Wow! That made me cry. So much like them. You are such a good mom. You tell me sometimes that you look up to me. I don't know how. I want to be like YOU in so many ways. You know how to balance your life in an unbelievable way. You ensure that everyone around you is happy and comfortable. You love all 4 of your kids and they know it. You are my rock. Thanks. :)

P.S. Thanks for Saturday. You know me so well. It turned an okay birthday into something absolutely spectacular and meaningful. I will never forget it.

P.P. S. You are and will forever be my best friend. I am so so so glad you are my sister.